The Pavilion and Sports Field
Conveniently located in Watery Lane, Newchurch, the Pavilion is used by many groups including Line Dancing, Keep Fit, Camera Club, Island Interest Group, Advanced Motorists, Newchurch WI, local choirs and many more and provides:
- Large car park
- Disabled access with ramps
- The main hall has a dance floor with carpet surround, projector screen and seating and tables for 60
- Patio doors lead out to a patio and the Sports Field
- The kitchen has a range style cooker, fridge, water boiler, dishwasher, kettle and crockery for 60
- 2 large team changing rooms and a separate referee’s room (all with shower facilities)
- Toilet facilities for Ladies, Gents and Disabled persons
A project to upgrade the Pavilion facilities was completed early in 2017 and every area of the building has been updated:
- Complete rewire and new plumbing
- Kitchen renewed
- Toilets renewed
- Heating system replaced and extra roof insulation added
- Main hall updated and ceiling height increased
- Changing rooms renewed (and disconnected from the main facilities)
- Redecorated throughout
The Sports Field
The Sports Field in Watery Lane has a large car park, and is regularly used by local football clubs.
Along with the Pavilion, the Sports Field is available for hire for fetes, sports & wedding receptions etc.
The Recreation Field
The Recreation Field in Newchurch, behind the Pointer Inn, is a grassed, open area with picnic table and access to the Newchurch Field of Hope and Martin’s wood. Access is through the public car park in School Lane.